It’s been a while since my last post! My goal is to post twice a week, on Tuesdays and Fridays – and I’ve been kinda failing at that. Life got in my way, and I forgot how important it is to me to not only document my recipes, but share them with you. So today, I present to you my absolutely favorite ranch recipe!
The theme of all my recipes is EASY. This is because my life is hectic – and I’m assuming yours might be, too!
I go to school to study holistic nutrition one full weekend a month, and work full time Monday through Friday. If it isn’t obvious already, I’ll say it – I don’t have a lot of time to meal plan and slave away in the kitchen. Yet it is still very, very important to me that I eat healthy, home-cooked, yet totally delicious, whole foods.
One way I do that is with sauces and dressings. It is so incredibly fast and easy to make your own dressings. It’s also super healthy; you know exactly what’s in it! No weird additives and chemicals when you make your own!
In an ideal world, I meal prep on the weekends (unless, of course, I have school!). It is during this time that I like to make all my dressings. It will take you less than three minutes, and save you time during the week every time you want to add a punch of flavor to your food.
This is my favorite ranch dressing – “The Best Ranch EVER.” I don’t want to take full credit for it – I learned how to make my own dressings from the Whole30 site a couple of years ago. Once I got comfortable making their ranch recipe, I started to tinker with it and eventually came up with my own!
If you like tangy, dill-y and onion-y ranch, then this is definitely for you!
You can go the traditional route and put this on a salad, or you can put a dollop on casseroles, dip raw veggies in it, etc. Sometimes I do weird things and even put some on homemade tacos!
I hope you like it as much as I do!
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of avocado oilor light olive oil
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chives
- 1 tbsp dill
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Add all ingredients into a mason jar
- Use a stick blender to emulsify
- Add only 2 tablespoons of oil to food processor. Reserve the rest for later.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the food processor.
- Turn the food processor 'on' Once all of the ingredients have mixed, begin slowly drizzling oil into the food processor.
- Add only 2 tablespoons of oil to your bowl. Reserve the rest for later.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the bowl.
- Whisk all of the ingredients together well, and then while actively and violently whisking begin very, very slowly drizzling oil into the bowl. This should take you a couple of minutes.